Tuesday, January 18, 2011

To the tune of Frere Jacques

Earlier today Lukasz was hiding under his blanket in our bed and was yelling at me to find him.

I started singing "Where is Lukasz? Where is Lukasz?" to the tune of Frere Jacques, and it morphed into

Where is Lukasz?
Where is Lukasz?
I don't know
I don't know
Maybe he's in here
Maybe he's in here
I found you!
I found you!

His reaction was "I got Frere Jacques!"

I thought it was pretty clever of him to recognize the tune. :)

Later I did the same to Lily but she insisted I change the words, and she told me exactly what to say, and it worked! She figured this out in her head -

Where is Lily?
Where is Lily?
I don't know
I don't know
Maybe I should look for her
Maybe I should look for her
Till i find-her
Till i find-her (last 2 words said quickly to fit into one syllable)


No comments: