Friday, November 19, 2010

Lily just sang herself to sleep

It's the sweetest thing to hear through the baby monitor, the sound of Lily singing herself (and sometimes Lukasz) to sleep.

Here's what she sang herself tonight:

1.
Dinah Blow Your Horn
I didn't hear this one till the end, when she let out a loud "toot toot!".

2.
I'm a little teapot short and stout
Here is my handle, here is my spout
When I get all steamed up then I shout
Tip me over pour me out.

3.
I'm a tube of toothpaste on the shelf
I get so lonely all by myself
When it gets to nighttime
Then I shout
Flip my cap and squeeze me out

4.
I'm a little rocket, tall and thin
Here is my nose cone, here are my fins
When I get all fueled up then I ZOOM
Off the launch pad to the moon

5.
Hush, little baby, don't say a word,
Mama's gonna buy you a mockingbird.

If that mockingbird don't sing,
Mama's gonna buy you a diamond ring.

If that diamond ring turns to brass,
Mama's gonna buy you a looking glass.

If that looking glass gets broke,
Mama's gonna buy you a billy-goat.

If that billy-goat won't pull,
Mama's gonna buy you a cart and bull.

If that cart and bull turns over,
Mama's gonna buy you a dog named Rover.

If that dog named Rover won't bark,
Mama's gonna buy you a horse and cart.

If that horse and cart falls down,
You'll still be the sweetest little baby in town.

6.
I Can Sing a Rainbow
Red and yellow and pink and green
Purple and orange and blue
I can sing a rainbow
Sing a rainbow
Sing a rainbow, too
Listen with your eyes
Listen with your eyes
And sing everything you see
You can sing a rainbow
Sing a rainbow
Sing along with me.

Of course, once I realized what she was doing, I started recording. :) I absolutely LOVE the little yawns that get more and more frequent as she's singing.

No comments: