Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Kindness

 
A few weeks ago, Lily's school had a Fun Fair. One of her classmates couldn't make it because he had a Scout camping trip. She told me this and said that she wanted to make him a candy jar (which each child got to bring home from the Fair after filling up their stamp pass by playing games). I spaced this and a few weeks have gone by, but today she reminded me again. I admit, I asked her if the boy had "reminded" her of this, but apparently she had just told him before the Fun Fair that since he was missing the Fun Fair she was going to save him a candy jar. So tonight, after her reminder, we headed to the grocery store and she picked out two candies that she knew he likes and we made him a candy bag.

I love seeing this kind of thoughtfulness come from my kids without any nudges from Mom. :)

No comments: