Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Ok, I'll admit it

Tomorrow Lily has her first full day of Kindergarten, from 8:50 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. It just kind of hit me, and now I'm sitting here having a good cry. I know it's only 6 hours and 10 minutes, but the thought of all that time going by and me not knowing how she is doing or what she is doing or if she is okay and being treated well... it's all probably stuff I should not be thinking about late at night when I am supposed to be working.

Today she told me she got left behind in the playground at recess, so we went to talk to her teacher to get it cleared up, and when Lily told her teacher "I got left behind at recess," her teacher looked at her and said "What are you talking about?" I think her teacher seems nice but I really didn't like the way she said or worded that. Turned out, Lily and her buddy were some of the last to leave the playground, and it sounds like they didn't realize when it was time to come in, but they found each other and made it back to line up for when their teacher came out to get them (a different person is the lunch monitor I guess).

I am really going to miss her. I miss her already. I don't want to be without her for 6 hours, five days a week for the next how ever long. I don't even want to think about dropping her off tomorrow. 8:50 is going to come way too soon.

No comments: