Friday, January 7, 2011

Tutu and sweater love

My special gift to Lily this Christmas was a tutu. Much to my surprise, she wasn't keen to put it on at Christmas. I thought that the best idea I'd had for a gift for her had completely bombed. She said it was only for her dance class and I couldn't even get her to try it on to see if it fit. Well, actually, she did try it on, like this:
But then she wouldn't have anything to do with it, and there it hung in her closet. I waffled about returning it...

Fast forward to today, her first dance class after the holidays. What did she insist on wearing, and wear with great pride and excitement?

Watching her do the chicken dance and the hokey pokey in a tutu is just about the cutest thing I have ever seen.

The sweater was a Christmas gift from her Great Aunt Mary. Not only is it gorgeous and super soft, it's the perfect bit of coziness to put on over her dance leotard. ♥

No comments: