Tuesday, April 29, 2008

New word, BIG word

Lily and I were reading books this morning as Lukasz napped and as we were reading The New Baby by Mercer Mayer, she stopped me at this page, and pointed to the square on the wall.Then she said "light", rolling the L sound around in her mouth a bit before continuing on to the other sounds. So cute. Then she said "light....light...switch!"

My jaw literally dropped open. I just stared at her, and finally said "oh my gosh!"

She looked at me hard, then back at the book and said again "light switch!"

Then I recovered and gave her the answer she wanted, "Yes! That's a light switch."

She's so incredible. I never thought it would be so amazing to witness someone learning how to talk. And I thought seeing her learning how to crawl and then walk was amazing.

I really love being a parent. :)

No comments: